HBO Halo Zune Extravaganza!
halo.bungie.org has teamed up with Bungie Studios to give away Four brand spankin' new Halo special edition Zune media players. Normally you'd have to spend a pretty penny to get this special device and even then they are only available in limited quantities at Gamestop retailers. However, we have FOUR to give away to the talented individuals who submit the best work for the categories listed below. Time is short and it's going to take something amazing to snag a prize so get your creative juices flowing and git to werk!
Considering the Zune is a multimedia device, we're making this a multimedia driven contest. There are four categories to enter and the winner of each category will have a shiny new Halo Zune delivered to their doorstep. You can only win once, so pick the category you feel most inspired by and put your best foot forward.
Once the submission deadline has passed, all valid entries will be made available for peer review at halo.bungie.org. The Halo Community will rate their favorites and narrow down the field to the top 7 in each category. Then, the HBO staff and Bungie Studios team will review and cast their votes to determine the top winner in each category.
- Songs (categories 1 & 2): .MP3 files only. 7 MB file size limit. Do not include audible credits
- Videos (categories 3 & 4): 320 x 240 Windows Media Video file (.wmv). Not to exceed 5 minutes in length, maximum file size 40 mb. Do not include audible or visual credits
- Halo Song Parody - Using Halo as your theme, create a song parody based off any existing song you like. Entries will be judged on creativity, humor and execution.
- Original Halo Song - Create your own original song inspired by Halo! The sky is the limit in terms of instruments and musical genre. Entries will be judged on lyrics (if they exist), delivery and execution.
- Halo 3 Beta Montage Video - Using the Halo 3 beta, create the ultimate montage video! Mix one part creativity, one part awesome game footage, one part audio and a dash of editing skills and make a video that will wow and amaze the Halo community. Entries will be judged on concept, originality, entertainment value and execution.
- Halo Original Machinima Video - Using the Halo 3 Beta or Halo 2 or Halo 1 for that matter, create your own Machinima style production. Entries will be judged on originality, creativity, entertainment value and execution.
For more information about Zune audio/video specifications and for instructions about encoding media files, check out Zune.net.
Submission Deadline: Sunday, June 10, 2007 at 12:01 AM PDT.
Final valid submissions will first be reviewed and evaluated by members of the Halo Community via an anonymous peer-review system on halo.bungie.org. Reviewers will get one opportunity to vote and rate their top 7 picks, rated numerically, for each of the four categories. The creator of the submitted content will not be named during this review period in order to keep votes fair and focused on the work at hand. Judging will begin on Monday, June 11 and conclude on Friday. June 15 at 12:01 AM PDT. Final winners will be announced the week of June 18, 2007. Prizes will be delivered to winners within 10 business days of the result announcement. (**International winners may be subject to delays)
Please read these rules carefully. The staff at halo.bungie.org reserves the right to make final decisions regarding any submissions or contestants at their sole discretion.
- This contest is open to anyone and everyone in the Halo Community, anywhere in the world. However, international participants may be subject to taxes/duties/tariffs for the shipment of a winning prize in addition to possible delays for prize receipt.
- Prizes can only be awarded to one individual per category. All entries must be assigned to one single person. In the event of a tie during the public judging phase, a final decision will be made by the staff of halo.bungie.org.
- You are only eligible to win one prize per person. Because of this, only one submission is accepted PER PERSON. Pick the category you feel best about and go for it. (There is no advantage to submitting earlier rather than later, and once you've submitted, you cannot submit again - so consider holding off until you're sure you've done the best job you can.)
- Material that has been publicly released before June 10, 2007 will be discarded; this means you cannot submit content you've created in the past, regardless of whether it was part of another contest or not, and it means that if you can't keep yourself from posting your entry on a forum somewhere to let your friends see it, you will run the risk of having it disqualified (if someone sees it and tells us about it).
- Stealing other community content and submitting it as your own is grounds for immediate disqualification.
- Any submissions that are not within the required specification for file size or file type will not be considered.
- Any submissions received after the deadline will not be considered.
If you have questions about what's allowed or not allowed that aren't answered here, please mail us.